Apr 30, 2020
None of us are immune from stress, especially now. This is a
critical moment for us to look out not only for our own mental
health but that of our colleagues. In this episode, psychiatrist
Dr. Melissa Shepard sits down with our good friend Dr. Neda Frayha
to discuss the mental health challenges facing health care workers
in the COVID-19 pandemic, and some concrete, tangible tools to help
us get through this period.
- HIPPO Education COVID Resource Center. Link
- Free mental health crisis line for physicians
impacted by Covid-19 related issues, staffed by US Psychiatrists
(support only, cannot prescribe medications). 1-888-409-0141.
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide. National
Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Darnall B. The COVID-19 Wellness and Coping
Toolkit: 11 Tips for Health Care Workers, Patients, and the
Public. Psychology Today, 31 March 2020.
- Good Therapy. https://www.goodtherapy.org
- Doxy.me Physician Support Line. https://doxy.me/physiciansupportline
- Free access to Headspace Plus app (guided
meditations) for healthcare professionals. Link
- Center for Mind-Body Medicine at Georgetown.
Introduction to evidenced-based techniques for helping people
through and after trauma (things like guided imagery, body scans,
breathing techniques) Link